PLEASE NOTE, THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. THERE IS NO REGISTRATION AT THE DOOR.
LOCATION FOR THIS EVENT: Blue Prynt Restaurant & Bar, 815 11th Street ( corner of 11th & H Street) downtown Sacramento, CA 95814.
In their first presentation on January 18, 2013 ( see online MCLE video), ALJs Karen Brandt and Catherine Frink described the hearing process before the Office of Administrative Hearings, from the filing of pleadings with OAH through issuance of decisions.
In this second presentation, they will share an ALJ’s perspective on various types of practice issues that arise in OAH hearings.
Topics to be addressed:
(1) What are the ALJ’s concerns at hearing?
(2) How can agency counsel make pleadings more effective?
(3) How can respondent’s counsel address the problem of defending on the merits while also providing evidence of rehabilitation?
(4) How can the parties work together to improve the process and provide greater clarity for the ALJ?
(5) What to consider in preparing and presenting exhibits?
Discussion will also include courtroom etiquette, expert witnesses, and settlement conferences.