The Law Library's 2013 Family Law Pilot Project has ended. For workshops currently offered by the Sacramento County Public Law Library, visit our Self-Help Center Workshops page.
Family Law Workshops from the Sacramento County Superior Court
The Sacramento County Superior Court offers several workshops for family law situations. For more information on these workshops, see the Self-Help Center/Family Law Facilitator page at http://www.saccourt.ca.gov/family/self-help-center.aspx.
Currently, the court offers the following workshops:
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order Workshop
- Parentage Workshop (UPA) (for parents who are not married to each other and wish to start a case for custody, visitation, and child support)
- Dissolution Workshop (for persons who want a divorce, legal separation, or annulment)
- Request for Order Workshop (for parties who have a case in Sacramento County and want to request a hearing)
- Income and Expense Declaration / Financial Disclosures Workshop (helps litigants complete an Income and Expense Declaration and/or the Financial Disclosures required in Dissolution, Legal Separation, and Annulment cases)
- One Day Divorce Clinic (assists parties with divorce cases before Sacramento Superior Court to finish the case and get a final judgment)
For other situations, contact the Sacramento County Superior Court's Family Law Department via their e-correspondence system: https://services.saccourt.ca.gov/FLFOeCorrespondence/