Skip Navigation LinksHome > Learn About the Law > Immigration



These organizations may provide assistance with some aspects of immigration. Contact these organizations directly for more information about the services provided.

McGeorge School of Law – Immigration Law Clinic
3455 Fifth Avenue (916) 340-6080
During academic year only
Low-income clients are provided legal assistance with immigration matters, including referrals, legal advice, and other brief assistance and also direct representation in adjustment of status and naturalization matters, including family petitions and specialized visas, such as U Visas and T Visas.

California Department of Social Services' Refugee Resettlement Program
Services for Refugees, Asylees, and Trafficking Victims

California Department of Public Health Refugee Health Services/Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services
Phone: (916) 874-9227
4600 Broadway Way, Suite 1300
Sacramento, CA 95820
Services provided: funds and coordinates health services to newly arrived refugees, asylees, and other eligible entrants.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
650 Capitol Mall (800) 375-5283 M,T,TH, F 7:00am – 1:00pm, W 7:00am - Noon 
USCIS administers the immigration and nationality laws as set forth by Congress. Includes examinations for non-immigrant, immigrant, and naturalization applications and oversees citizenship, permanent residency, employment, and refugee status. 

World Relief
4727 Engle Road, Suite 14, Carmichael (916) 978-2650 M – F 9:00am – 4:00pm
Provides refugee resettlement processing, new arrival casework, follow up and referrals. Information and assistance with citizenship and green cards, visa 93s, and other issues.

Back to top


Forms for immigration services are available on government websites at no charge. Avoid scammers who ask you to pay for them.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Forms  
The USCIS site provides free forms on its site. Download them from the USCIS site or order phone at 1-800-870-3676. 

U.S. Department of State Forms
Visa application forms. Click here for more information about visas from the Department of State.

Back to top


The Law Librarians have created these research guides as an aid for those starting a legal research project. These guides recommend print and electronic resources that will help you find answers to your law-related questions. Guides marked "Step-by-Step"  provide step-by-step information, as well as sample forms, for common legal procedures.

Outside resources:

Back to top