The Sacramento County Public Law Library staff strives to provide excellent service to all members of our diverse community, to respect the dignity and individuality of each community member, and to acknowledge the importance of each member's access to legal information. To this end, the Library has established rules of conduct to promote a safe environment and an atmosphere conducive to research and the appropriate use of the Library's services and facilities. Library staff members make every effort to apply these rules in a fair and positive manner for the benefit of all.
For the safety and comfort of our users:
- Do not leave children unattended. The Library is not responsible for the safety of children.
- Do not leave personal property unattended. The Library is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen or damaged in the library. We cannot hold personal belongings for you.
The following are prohibited in the Sacramento County Public Law Library:
- Harassment, intimidation, or any activity or behavior that interferes with any person's comfort, safety, or use of the library.
- Use of cellular phones in the library. Phones are permitted only in the lobby and telephone booths. Phones and pagers must be set to vibrate.
- Extended or loud conversations. Please restrict conversations to the lobby or other enclosed rooms.
- Consumption of food in reading room areas. Covered beverages are allowed.
- Vandalization or abuse of library materials, equipment or facilities.
- Animals other than service animals.
- Weapons of any type.
- Large bags or shopping carts that cannot fit under the library's study carrels.
- Use of the library's computers in a manner prohibited by the library's Public Computer and Internet Use Policy.
The Library reserves the right to:
- Inspect briefcases, bags, packages, and outer garments for library materials.
- Require users to leave the building if they violate any of the above rules or if they are not engaged in activities associated with legal research.
Please reshelve all materials you have used.
Thank you for your cooperation.